My hubby is a little obsessed with Hellman’s mayo. To the point where his favorite snack is Ritz crackers topped with it – and he can eat a full jar in one sitting. Not.Joking. So I wasn’t surprised when we were cruising through Sam’s Club a couple of weeks ago and he told me about a recipe for some chicken concoction he had found using mayo. I didn’t really think much about it again until this afternoon: when I realized we had nearly nothing in our fridge for dinner.
Not wanting to venture back out on the town with the babe today (I got my hair done this morning and it was amazing. I’m easily impressed these days.), I started going through a list of what we actually had and how I could make it work for a fantastic Friday night dinner. And then I remembered his suggestion, tweaked the recipe and ended up with something SO delish that anyone tasting it would think it was a super difficult recipe. Except it might just be one of the easiest meals I have ever prepared: spicy parmesan crusted chicken with a side of parmesan pasta. My mouth is STILL watering from this meal – it’s perfect for a chilly Friday night!
What you’ll need:
2 whole chicken breasts
1/2 cup mayo
1/4 cup grated parmesan
1 TBSP Frank’s red hot sauce
1/2 cup (or more) Italian bread crumbs
1. Preheat your oven to 375 degrees.
2. Mix the mayo, parmesan and hot sauce together in a container large enough to place a chicken breast in (I used a little ziplock sandwich sized container).
3. Coat each chicken breast in the mixture.
4. Cover the coated chicken breast in the bread crumbs.
5. Bake until chicken is no longer pink, about an hour (you can bake it at a higher temp for less time, but it loses A LOT of the juiciness).
Easy peasy! And I’ll post my super easy recipe for parmesan pasta tomorrow!