It’s not the first time it’s happened. I’m sure it won’t be the last. But it will never NOT catch me off guard.
Here’s what I know:
- Two weeks ago, I bought my little babe (who was wearing 12 month sized clothes) some uber cute jammies at Sam’s Club. He was in lurve with how soft they were. He kept laughing and rubbing his cheek on them. Obviously, I had to buy them. I figured I was safe buying the 18 month size. They looked gigantic. AKA: they would be too big.
- Like any mama worth her salt, I tossed them in the wash. One to get them supermom clean, two to see if they would shrink.
- That weekend, I let my little man wear them for bedtime. They were adorable. Way too big, but absolutely the cutest thing EVER. Light blue and cream stripes plus a monkey face on your baby will pretty much melt your heart any day of the week, no matter if it fits your child or not.
- I washed them again. He wore them again. They were still too big. Totally fine. He’ll grow into them.
- Suddenly at the end of last week, my babe was eating like it was his job. Napping for three hours. Eating more. I knew he was growing. After all, don’t all babies go through a 12 month growth spurt? He generally hits growth spurts a little early for his age, so it didn’t surprise me that the little man was getting bigger a little ahead of average.
- Washed the jammies. Put them on him last night. THEY’RE TIGHT. I’m not joking: my 11 month old went from wearing 12 month clothes to FILLING OUT his 18 month sized jammies. Mama was in disbelief.
SO: I realize that growing is normal. But I have three questions for you:
1. Did your baby swim through sizes this quickly?
2. Did you want to cry for the amount of money you wasted on the “in between” sizes?
3. Did your baby stop growing long enough to actually wear the next size up – aka will he be doubling in size anytime soon or will RJ actually wear all of the super cute clothes we’ve invested in?
Tell me in the comments!
Oh: and if you need your puppy fix, here you go. You’re welcome.