If you’re wondering about the recipe for those homemade mini cinnamon rolls I made over the weekend that were on Twitter, you’re in luck: today I’m going to give you the recipe. And you’re going to LOVE it. Know why? Because everybody loves cinnamon rolls. Especially when they’re as scrumptious as these. And just in case you were wondering, SCRUMPTIOUS was the word of the day on the Sesame Street episode RJ and I watched today. I’m learning right along with him…
Moving on – these cinnamon rolls follow my favorite cooking criteria: delish + easy, all rolled into one scrumptious bite! Well, three bites. But only if you’re counting.
To start, put a big piece of parchment paper on a big cookie sheet. If you want to know the truth, I usually make these using a mini muffin tin – but between moving from our old house to our new house, that piece of my kitchen has disappeared. But they turned out just fine this way, too!
Now unroll a whole package of crescent rolls – the kind you buy in the refrigerator section – and cut each triangle in half so that you have two smaller triangles. Usually I’m all about buying generic, but in the case of these babies it’s worth the extra thirty cents to go with the name brand. The taste is just a lot better.
Now spread a little butta on each section of dough. I use spreadable butter – but if you use the stick kind, you’ll have to let it soften a little before you get to spreading.
And like I mentioned earlier this week, I’m on an all spice over cinnamon kick. So mix yourself up 1/4 cup white sugar to 1/4 teaspoon allspice.
Now sprinkle the mixture over the sections of dough. Make sure you use all of the sugar mix – sweetness is something that should never go to waste!
Now roll each of the sections of dough up, just like you would the normal sized crescent rolls. If you’re using a mini muffin pan, put one roll up in each muffin tin.
In the same bowl you used for the sugar mixture (to save on dishes), melt a few tablespoons of butter.
Drizzle some butter over each of the rolled up pieces of dough. Mmmmm. I can taste the yummy already!
Pack some brown sugar on top of each roll. There’s no exact science to this – use as much as you want. Just don’t skip this step: it’s essential to the scrumptious.
Bake these babies at 375 degrees until they’re golden – about ten to twelve minutes. Savor how amazing your house smells.
Savor and Enjoy! And yes – they really are as good as they look…
Scrumptious Homemade Cinnamon Rolls
What you’ll need:
1 pack of Pillsbury crescent rolls
Butter – the amount depends on how heavy your hand is…
1/4 cup white sugar
1/4 tsp all spice
Brown sugar to taste
1. Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
2. Roll out parchment paper on your cookie sheet – or grease a miniature muffin pan
3. Now roll out the crescent rolls and cut them down the middle to create 16 mini triangles (out of the 8 pieces of dough)
4. Spread some butta on that dough – and remember, if you use stick butter you’ll need to let it soften before spreading.
5. Mix up the white sugar and all spice. Sprinkle over the dough pieces – and be sure to use all of the mix!
6. Roll up the cinnamon rolls.
7. Melt a few tablespoons (like three) in the microwave. Drizzle over the rolled up rolls. That was redundant. I’m sorry.
8. Pack a little brown sugar on top of each roll. Taste a little brown sugar, too. I love eating the little clumps of brown sugar out of the bag. Is that weird?
9. Bake until golden, about 10-12 minutes.
10. Serve and enjoy!