Chili and fall are pretty synonymous. But my hubby likes something more than just your average chili: he loves steak chili! And I have to admit: it’s way more delish than regular chili. Since I’m all about cooking with ease – and making meals that have melt-in-your-mouth qualities – this is yet another make in your crock pot meal that you’re going to love. LOVE. Looooooooove.
What you’ll need:
2 lbs chuck steak (we buy the big packs at Sam’s and split it in half)
Salt and pepper to taste
2 soup size cans of tomato sauce
1 can diced tomatoes
1 can original Rotel (tomatoes with green chilies)
1 can black beans
2 cans kidney beans
1 TBSP minced garlic
1 whole green pepper, chopped
3 TBSP Frank’s red hot sauce
3 TBSP chili powder
1 tsp oregano
1. Brown the meat over medium heat. Season with salt and pepper to taste.
2. Add all ingredients (except for the meat) to a crock pot. Stir until well mixed.
3. Add the meat to the crock pot. Stir.
4. Turn crock pot on low and cook for 6-8 hours.
5. Serve with sour cream and shredded cheddar.
6. Enjoy. Seriously – it’s that easy!