Today has been a long day. My brain hurts from coping with a fussy baby. And mama could really use a nap.
1. I am officially obsessed with the Hershey’s Kisses Mint Truffle flavor. I bought them for some cookies that I was going to make this weekend. But I might just end up eating all of the kisses before then. Oops!
2. Have you started thinking about New Year’s? My lovely girl Laura and I were talking about this a while back – and trying to think of good New Year’s resolutions for this year. And while I haven’t come up with an good resolutions yet, I am trying to figure out what to do for NYE. Maybe I’ll just end up dancing around in my living room with the hubs, the baby and the dog. It wouldn’t be the first time that’s happened.
3. I got the new Williams-Sonoma catalogue yesterday. And it’s been sitting on my couch staring at me ever since: the cover is filled with chocolate and caramel goodies – which I know are for sale (or to make) on the pages inside. I.don’t.dare.open.it. For a girl with a chocolate hankering, that stuff is dangerous.
4. RJ is napping for the first time today. And it’s five in the evening. Like I said: LONG.DAY.
5. If you’ve never tried my homemade chicken noodle soup recipe before, I highly recommend it. I made it on Monday and just finished the leftovers off today – that stuff is even better a couple of days old!
6. It’s cold out. In case you didn’t already know that. Or don’t happen to live in the frozen tundra like I do.
We Ricky installed the Angelcare Monitor on the Pack and Play in our bedroom – and it’s been a total lifesaver. I don’t wake up thirty times throughout the night to check on the little guy – now it’s more like ten times. More on that tomorrow…
8. Hubby gets baby duty tonight. It’s only fair. Plus, it totally benefits him: I’m going to whip up a batch of Spicy Gingersnaps for him!
9. My head hurts. Did I mention that already?
10. I’ve decided that I really need to get my holiday baking skills on this weekend. So tell me: What are your absolute favorite Christmas cookies? Have a recipe you want to share? Link up in the comments! I’m excited to hear all about what ya’ll have to say…